6 Days / 5 Night
Day 1Taliouine - Akhfamane
A gentle walk through Berber villages with fruit trees, nut trees and wild flower filled valleys, a superb start to this trek and an invitation to explore the diversity of this region. You will pass through several Berber villages as you follow the Zagmouzen river valley. Night in a camp or home stay. 4 to 5 hours walking.
Day 2Akhfamane - Mazwad - Ti n´Iddr
After breakfast you continue up the valley and through cultivated fields to Arg and trek through the dry river bed shaded by giant boulders and volcanic rocks on either side to emerge at the village of Mazwad with its impressive white minaret; a good place to stop for lunch. Several hours further is the beautiful village of Ti n´Iddr. Camp or home stay. 5 to 6 hours walking.
Day 3Ti n´Iddr - Atougha -Tegragra
The day starts with a steep strenuous ascent through breath-taking scenery. Adobe houses perched one above the other on the mountainsides and carefully crafted terraced fields full of cereal crops and vegetables come into view as you climb up from the river below. An impressive granary; called an Agadir in the local language, is still visible in Atougha at the top of the village, though like so many are no longer in use and in a state of unstable ruin. The trek continues to Tindrass springs for a picnic lunch stop. A few hours of trekking up the valley brings you to the picturesque spot of Tegragra at 2670 m, a fantastic campsite with far reaching views.
Day 4Tegragra - Jbel Sirwa Summit - Campsite
Steep ascent to the summit is followed by a steep descent to the Assif n´Ait ou Byal valley. It will be an early start to avoid afternoon cloud and possible weather change. Ropes are required if you wish to reach the true summit, which depends on weather conditions. The summit at 3305 m offers exceptional panoramic vistas all the way to Igil Mgoun, Toubkal as well as many other High Atlas Peaks. Descending with great care you will rejoin the mule team on the trail below and trek to the campsite for the welcome tea.
Day 5Campsite - Tizgui - Tislit Gorge
After yesterday’s tough day, today will be a gentle trekking day odown the valleys to the open plains and eventually the green oasis of Tislit Gorge with another great camping location.
Day 6Tislit Gorge - Ihoukarn or Souk Larba
After breakfast, you have a short 2 hour walk through the gorge to meet your transport at Ihoukarn, or if it happens to be a Wednesday, you can visit the weekly souk; the market where all the local come from the outlying villages.
6 Days / 5 Night
- Experienced Mountain and desert Berber guides
- 1 Mule and Muleteer per 2/3 people (camels in the desert)
- Gite or similar accommodation (all accommodations don't have hot shower)
- Camping accommodation (if required) with foam mattresses (tents for 2 or 3)
- Snacks for snack stops
- Water - 2 litres of bottled water per person per day.
- First Aid Kit
- Transfers to and from Marrakech and further (if included in your itinerary)
- Accommodation reservations (if required)
- Experienced Guides for tours. (send your language requirement)
- Airport transfers (on request)
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for staff and team
- Entrance fees for monuments and other places (if you have a tour included in your trek itinerary)
- Lunches on the way to and from trek start and finish points