3 Days / 2 Nights
3 days mount toubkal round trek: Aguelzim mountain is located above the Azzaden valley and offers stunning views over the Atlas summit. Due to the elevation, This 3 day Mount Toubkal round trek is considered one of the hardest, but also one of the most beautiful Toubkal treks.
It’s an amazing three day two nights round trek up to Mount Toubkal summit, using a circular way, with a final ascent of Mt Toubkal on day 3 before heading back to Marrakech.
Note: This trek can be combined with the Sahara desert, if you are keen on visiting both.
Day 1Marrakech - Imlil - Azzaden valley - Tamsoult refuge
After your transfer from Marrakech to Imlil (1,780m), you will set off on a 6 hour trek out of the Imlil Valley and into the Azzaden Valley. Along the way you will pass Tizi n’Mzik at 2,450m, the refuge at Azib n’Tansoult and the Ighouliden waterfalls. Overnight in the Lipeney mountain refuge at 3,000m ( or before at Azib n Tamsoult).
Day 2Tamsoult refuge - Aguelzim pass (3650) - Toubkal refuge
Today involves a fairly stiff climb out of the Azzaden Valley to the Toubkal refuge over the Aguelzim mountain pass at 3,560 m. Lunch will be taken with spectacular views over the Atlas mountain range. Overnight in the Toubkal refuge (Neltner Hut) where you will likely be sharing a bunk room with other trekkers tackling Toubkal early the next morning.
Day 3Toubkal refuge - Toubkal summit - Imlil - Marrakech
Up early for the climb up Toubkal (4,167 m) from where, clouds allowing, you will have wonderful views over the Atlas range and the Sahara desert. T hen a long way back down past the refuge and the well-worn path back to Imlil. This is a fairly long day with 8-9 hours of trekking, involving 900m up then almost 2,500 m back down to Imlil. Our 3 days Mount Toubkal round Trek normally ends at around 5.00 pm in Marrakech.
- Experienced Mountain and Desert Berber Guides
- 1 Mule and Muleteer per 2/3 people
- Meals on the trek
- Gite or tents accommodation (not all accommodations provide a hot shower)
- Foam mattresses for camping
- Snacks for snack stops
- Water – 2 litres of bottled water per person per day
- First Aid Kit
- Transfers to and from Marrakech and further (if included in your itinerary)
- Additional services and Tours around Morocco on request
- Airport transfers on request
- Good walking boots
- Comfortable shoes/slippers for camp/guesthouse
- Lightweight pants and jacket (windproof/waterproof)
- Fleece jacket or warm jumper
- Hat, gloves and goggles (winter) and/or sunglasses (summer)
- Ice axe and crampons (winter)
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Headtorch / headlamp
- Day sack/backpack
- Walking stick
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Water bottle or camel back
- Personal expenses
- Soft/alcoholic drinks