6 Days / 5 Night
Drive from Marrakech to Agouti In the morning, we transfer by minibus to Agouti There is time to relax at the guesthouse in Agouti when we arrive in the late afternoon.
Agouti to Arous. Camp overnight.
Trek to Tarkedit Plateau We walk up in a wild landscape before crossing the Aghouri pass at 3,450m then descend to the wind-eroded and snow-covered high plateau of Tarkedit (2,900m). After lunch (there is a hut on the plateau), we climb up to the southern side of the plateau and establish a camp at 3,400m, directly below M’goun West (3,978m). 7-8 hours walking. Camp.
Ascent of Djebel M’goun (4,068m) to Oulilimt Today we make our ascent to the summit of Djebel M’goun. The climb follows a long ridge, all at or above 4,000m, which typically takes between 4 and 5 hours to the summit, depending on snow conditions. From the top, there are impressive views across the Draa valley and towards the Sahara Desert to the south. We descend back to Azib Izabine. 8-9 hours. Camp.
Trek Down the valley into Ain Aflafal and to Tighermet n Ait Ahmed (5hours walking). Camp.
Climb Tizi n’Ait Imi (2960m) then long descent to Ait Bougmez valley and drive back to Marrakech as an end to our M’Goun summit trek.
6 Days / 5 Night
- English speaking guide and cook
- Muleteers and mules for luggage
- Full board on trek + mineral water, coffee and tea
- Transfers by minibuses/4WD (hotel – trek – hotel)
- Mess, cooking & toilet tents (camping option)
- Accommodation in camping and Berber gites or mountain huts
- Good walking boots and socks/good trainers
- Personnel First aid Kit
- 3 to 4 season sleeping bag
- Day sack/backpack
- Head torch/headlamp
- Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/rain-pants
- Water bottle or camel back (recommended)
- Travel insurance
- Soft/alcoholic drinks
- Personal expanses